Our Affirmation of faith
The grass may wither the flowers may fade but the word of God shall stand forever (Isaiah 40:8). God! I Thank You! For your word!
Matthew 28:19-20 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
At the Kingdom Advancement Cathedral of Worship we purpose to make Jesus famous one soul at a time. Creating mature dynamic disciples of Jesus Christ, by advancing the Kingdom through empowering exegetical preaching and teaching, and the act of worship in; healing, deliverance, baptism, song, and praise. While being the hands and feet of Jesus by penetrating the community in every direction of need and oppression.
[ christian ]
Our covenant involves seven expectations of every church member.
As a member, I commit to the body of Christ, the church (1 Corinthians 12:27; Romans 12:4-5). As a member of The Kingdom Advancement Cathedral of Worship, I will fulfill the following expectations:
1. I will worship the one true God with other Kingdom Builder for as long as I am physically able (Hebrews 10:24-25; Romans 12:1). The goal of my regular weekly worship is to give God glory (Romans 11:36; Hebrews 13:15).
2. I will grow spiritually through regular involvement in groups and classes at The Kingdom Advancement in addition to regular personal devotional times. I understand the purpose of these groups and classes is building community with other believers and holding each other accountable (Acts 2:44-47; 2 Timothy 3:16-17).
3. I will serve Christ through the mission work of The Kingdom Advancement Cathedral of worship. I am created to serve others through good works (Ephesians 2:10; 1 Peter 4:10). I am commanded by God to make disciples of every nation, tribe, people and language through the local church (Matthew 28:16-20; Revelation 7:9). I will support the church’s mission to go to the ends of the earth to share the gospel (Acts 1:8).
4. I will give to God abundantly and joyfully, recognizing God as the owner of all things (Proverbs 3:9; Psalm 24:1). Giving my tithe and time to God brings me closer to Him (Malachi 3:10; Matthew 6:19-24).
5. I will seek unity with other Kingdom Builders. I recognize God’s design for the church is unity in diversity, and I will put the interests of others above my personal preferences (Ephesians 4:1-6; 1 Peter 3:8-9). I will guard the reputation of the church and submit to discipline for any sin problems in my life (Matthew 18:15-20).
6. I will pray for and follow the leadership of The Kingdom Advancement Cathedral of worship (Hebrews 13:17-18). I will pray privately and with the church corporately. I will pray for people to accept Christ, and I will pray for more disciples to grow.
7. I will sacrifice by serving first, following the servant model of Jesus Christ (Mark 10:45). I will make my attitude that of Christ and through humility make the gospel my priority (Philippians 2:5-11).
Statement Of Faith
Our statement of faith includes eight points, and we expect members to hold to these doctrines.
1. We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old Testament and New Testament are the inerrant, inspired and infallible Word of God. God’s Word is the final authority for faith and life.
2. We believe there is only one God, and He has chosen to reveal Himself as God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe man was created in the image of God and the sin of Adam (the first man) marred that image, creating an eternal divide between God and man. Every person is born in sin.
4. We believe the only way a person can have a true, forgiven relationship with God is through Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on the cross. Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary and conceived by the Holy Spirit. Jesus became man without ceasing to be God. Our right standing with God is made sure because of His literal, physical resurrection.
5. We believe in the literal, physical return of Jesus to judge the living and the dead.
6. We believe God offers eternal life as a free gift and that it must be received by faith alone through God’s grace alone. The life that comes from this gift is a permanent possession of the one receiving it.
7. We believe the church of the Lord Jesus Christ is a local body of believers on mission to enlarge God’s kingdom. The local church is autonomous, free of any external authority of control.
8. We believe believer’s baptism and the Lord’s Supper are the two ordinances of the church.